Posted Monday, January 10th, 2011 by admin
Firstly a very happy new year to all our past, present and future guests. May 2011 bring you happiness and prosperity.
On BBC Breakfast News this morning (Sunday 09/01/2011) two respected journalists/food critics were interviewed by the presenter about their predictions for top level food trends for 2011. With great enthusiasm they cited how classic retro dishes – such as prawn cocktail and pie ‘n’ mash, scotch eggs, etc. would be returning with “twists” this year.
Well here are a few examples of dishes we have been bringing to the Beech Hill dining community for several years!
A couple of takes on the classic 70’s starter but not a lemon wedge in sight!
- Muncaster Crab & Flookburgh Shrimp “Cocktail” with lobster & tomato Marie rose sauce
- Warm Lobster & King Prawn Cocktail, with lobster & tomato béarnaise sauce
These small versions of a hearty pub or football match classic make great starters; the mini pastie comes with crimped edges just like a little Cornish pastie, very cute.
- Holker Partridge “Pie n Mash” – Char-grilled partridge breast & leek pie with celeriac mash
- Homemade Mini Oxtail & Foie Gras Pastie, with green beans and truffled mash
- Winster Rabbit Pie ‘n’ Mash – Rabbit and Parma ham pie, with watercress mash
A very grown up version of an 80’s kids favourite, but with ours it doesn’t have to be your dirty little food secret anymore!
- Crispy Mushroom, Spinach & Smoked Allerdale Cheese Pancake
Breakfast is too tasty to eat just once a day so we re-vamped it for dinner.
- “Ham ‘n’ Eggs” – Ham hock terrine with a mini foie gras scotch egg
- Micro “All Day Breakfast” – Kedgeree, pancetta cube, blood orange juice, grilled cherry tomatoes and an egg & mushroom frittata
Everybody’s favourite picnic snack …
- Mini Smoked Scotch Quail Egg with tomato chutney
So as Gok Wan has been known to say … ‘bang on trend!’
Have a great January.
Christopher G. Davies
Executive Head Chef
4 Weddings 5 Star award winning barbeque Beatrix Potter Beech Hill Champagne Children’s menu Christmas Competition Facebook family food critics fresh GM Blog Gold Award gourmet & wine tasting night Gourmet Diners Club Head Chef High Biggin holiday Holker Hall Hotel Lake District Lake Windermere Levens Hall Living TV MD Blog New Website New Year organic Peter Rabbit Prize Draw Restaurant Rookin House special offers summer ball twitter video Wedding Venue well balanced win Windermere Windermere Hotel windermere weddings