Posted Friday, June 10th, 2011 by admin
The Quirky Traveller (a.k.a. Zoe Dawes) and Britain’s Best Travel Blogger 2011 came to the Beech Hill Hotel to experience our Gourmet & Wine Tasting Night in March this year and she very kindly blogged about her experience of the Hotel and the Event:
“It was the quacking that woke me up … and pulling back the curtains I found a handful of ducks chuntering around on the grass outside the bedroom. Looking up, it was the view that really caught my attention. Lake Windermere spread out her long arms to embrace flirty yachts, wooded banks and distant fells…….”
To read more why not visit Zoe’s website to see the full article – www.thequirkytraveller.com
If your interested in our Gourmet & Wine Tasting Night we are hosting another one on Friday 30th September 2011 to see further details including the menu ‘click here’
Our thanks go out to Zoe for putting here experience on paper so to speak!
Posted Tuesday, June 07th, 2011 by admin
Summer’s here and we have a great new Lounge and Terrace menu in full swing. This summer in the Lake District promises to be a hot one and here at the Beech Hill we have the perfect place to enjoy it! For those of you who haven’t yet experienced our fantastic lake view terrace, what are you waiting for?!
Take some time to look through our website and gallery and check out our latest special offers, many include dinner in our award winning restaurant. I use fresh, local produce throughout all my menus and the whole dining experience is one to remember!
With the new Terrace menu I have retained some of the favourites, but brought in some, soon to be, classics!
Here’s a small a taster;
Succulent Fell bred Steak & Smoked Stilton Burger-with caramelised onions, watercress & dill pickle.
Crispy Parma Ham & Sage Croquettes- with beetroot puree & mustard sauce.
Deep-fried Whitebait – homemade dill tartar sauce, smooth mushy pea dip.
Rustic Farmhouse Ham Terrine –served with hot crusty bread, homemade piccalilli, & ketchup.
Hot-chocolate Fondue- Shortbread & meringue soldiers, homemade mint marshmallow & English strawberries.
There’s plenty more where these came from – but you’ll have to come and try them for yourselves!
Have a great summer, and I hope to see you soon!
Christopher G. Davies
Executive Head Chef
Posted Monday, May 23rd, 2011 by admin
I always get excited as this time of year approaches-
The arrival of the legendry Formby Asparagus is the forerunner to English peas and broad beans, my three favourite green vegetables.
A couple of examples of how we use these delicious vegetables at Burlington’s Restaurant are:
Roasted Salmon Pave-Fresh garden peas, lettuce, smoked Cumbrian pancetta, with tangy Caesar dressing
- Some lovely contrasting flavours explode in this dish- the richness of the salmon is intensified by the roasting process – which is cut through by the sweetness of the peas and lettuce, the sharp yet rich sauce refreshes the palette
White Muncaster Crab Cocktail & beignet- formby asparagus “vichysoisse”
- Flaked local crab meat bound in a chive mayonnaise –topped with a fried crab & choux pastry puff- served in a creamy chilled asparagus, leek & potato soup
Asparagus Taster –crispy soft free-range egg- purple frizzee-hollandaise sauce
- This dish celebrates three contrasting varieties of asparagus- steamed Lancashire asparagus –from the village of Formby- char-grilled German white asparagus, (the most prized in their neck of the woods, chunky) French wild asparagus (resembling ears of wheat!) warmed in nonna Gemma virgin olive oil.
- They are treated in three different ways to preserve (wild asparagus-warmed)- intensify (white asparagus –char-grilled) and enhance-(English – steamed & buttered)
- They are served on a little purple frizzee lettuce – which has a taste of boiled jersey royals!
- And to finish a soft free-range egg from Bannerigg Farm in Windermere coated in crispy crumbs.
If we’ve tingled your taste buds why not come along to the restaurant and take advantage of our Gourmet Diners Club where up to four of you can dine at the restaurant and get up to 50% off your food bill.
Executive head chef
4 Weddings award winning Bag for Life barbeque Beech Hill brussel sprouts Champagne Chefs Children’s menu Christmas Competition Facebook family fireworks food critics fresh GM Blog gourmet & wine tasting night Gourmet Diners Club great food Head Chef healthy High Biggin Holker Hall Lake District Lake Windermere Living TV local ingredients MD Blog New Website New Years organic planet Prize Draw recycle Restaurant special offers summer ball twitter video Wedding Venue well balanced win Windermere Hotel windermere weddings